Attacking Old Stains That Hide Out
- August 26, 2017
We’ve all found them. You move an area rug for the first time in months, and there it is; dried- up juice spilled by your toddler, mustard from a sandwich wrapper, or a ‘present’ left behind by your dog.Perhaps that’s when you think to yourself, ‘so that’s why it’s been smelly around here.’
Harder to find are the stains you don’t uncover, or can’t see.
With a urine stain, you may need to use your nose to sniff out exactly where the soiled area lies. If you have a black light, use it to identify soiled areas, and then lightly outline the areas with chalk.
With carpet, for all types of stains, you need to do some quick investigating once you have located the stain. Did it soak into the padding beneath? If it did, you may need to take a trip to the carpet store to replace some padding and carpet. But if it’s not soaked through, then you should be able to solve the problem very inexpensively by simply cleaning it up.
Stain Removal Tips
It’s best to avoid using ammonia, vinegar, bleach, or other cleaning chemicals when cleaning stains. The strong odors – which can take a long time to go away – can encourage your pet to undertake a repeat offence in that area. Consider using Fizzion®, a green carpet cleaning solution that works very effectively without chemicals. An eco friendly CO2 cleaner, it does an impressively thorough job as a carpet cleaning solution for dry urine as well as for urine stains on other floor surfaces. With dry stool or diarrhea, it is best to scrape off the matter and then treat the remaining particles with the Fizzion® pet accident cleaner.
Fizzion® is a 100% non-toxic, biodegradable, earth friendly carpet cleaner because it employs simple tap water combined with CO2 to bust-up the protein at the root of all pet stains. Once it pries open the proteins, it unleashes safe but powerful surfactants (soap) to eliminate all evidence that the stain was ever there.
You’ll not only have a cleaner home free of hidden pet stains, you will rest assured that the pets you love will stay safe and sound.
- 23 Feb The Best Ways to Help Your Local Animal Shelter
- 09 Feb How to Keep Your Pets (And Your Home) Happy this Winter!
- 15 Dec How to Remove Red Wine Stains: A Step-by-Step Guide
- 02 Dec Four Amazing Steam Carpet Cleaning Tips and Tricks
- 12 Sep A Pet Parent’s Guide to Pet Odor Removal at Home: 3 Easy Steps
- 06 Sep 6 Things to Consider When Choosing a Carpet Stain Remover
- 31 Aug Training Your Dogs to ‘Go’ Outside (And What to Do When They Don’t Make it There)
- 26 Aug Attacking Old Stains That Hide Out
- 19 Aug A Cat Lover’s Guide to Housebreaking
- 12 Aug 5 Tips to Keeping a Tidy Home with Pets